The 15th Learning and Intelligent Optimization Conference
June 20-25, 2021 (Athens, Greece)
Call for Papers
Please prepare your paper in English using the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) template, which is
. Papers must be submitted in PDF.
Types of Submissions
When submitting a paper to LION15, authors are required to select one of the following three types of papers:
- Long paper: original novel and unpublished work (max. 15 pages in LNCS format);
- Short paper: an extended abstract of novel work (max. 6 pages in LNCS format);
- Work for oral presentation only (no page restriction; any format).
For example, work already published elsewhere, which is relevant and which may solicit fruitful discussion at the conference.
Topics of Interest
LION15 welcomes high quality submissions on the broad topics of machine learning, artificial intelligence, energy, mathematical programming,
optimization (models, algorithms and applications) and heuristics
. Additionally, more specialized, submission topics for long and short papers may include, but are not limited to:
- automatic solver configuration
- parallel methods for search and optimization
- hard combinatorial optimization problems
- intelligent optimization in health, e-health, bioinformatics and neurosciences
- machine learning and optimization methods in tourism and hospitality
- nature-inspired algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems
- hard combinatorial optimization problems in combinatorics, computational geometry and machine learning
- DC (difference of convex functions) learning: theory, algorithms and applications
- computational intelligence for smart cities
- computational intelligence for autonomous driving
- optimization and management in smart manufacturing
- algorithms and applied optimization for environmental data science
- machine learning and robust optimization techniques in finance applications
- machine learning and optimization methods in software engineering
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (AoE =
||February 15, 2021
||March 31, 2021
||April 15, 2021
|Camera ready for pre-proceedings, please use the subject line "LION 15 pre-proceedings source files, paper ID"
||May 15, 2021
||June 20-25, 2021
|Submission of camera-ready papers, formatted according to Springer's LNCS guidelines
||July 25, 2021
All papers must be submitted using EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lion15.
Conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
Revised selected papers of LION15 will be published in a special issue of Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence.